Pradeep Gupta was appointed to the South San Francisco City Council for a one-year term on December 31, 2012. He was subsequently elected in November 2013 for a full four-year term and will be up for re-election in 2018. Prior to his appointment to the City Council, he was on the South San Francisco Planning Commission for three years, serving as the Commission's Chair in 2011.
- Environmental Subcommittee
- SSF School District Liaison Subcommittee
- Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) - Executive Board
- City/ County Association of Governments (CCAG) Board- Alternate
- JPA-ALS-EMS- Alternate
- Peninsula Clean Energy (PCE) Board
- Regional Planning Committee (RPC)
- Resource Management & Climate Protection Committee
- San Mateo County Community Action Agency Board
- San Mateo County Home for All Steering Committee
Gupta has a Master’s degree and a Doctorate from Purdue University in Electrical Engineering, specializing in the area of energy efficiency and long-term planning of electric utility systems.
His professional career spans over thirty years of working with electric utility industries both in the US and abroad. In addition to an extensive work history, Gupta has served on several domestic & international boards and task forces related to business forecasting and utility planning.
2017 City Council Committee Participation:
- 2017 Ad Hoc Committees:
- LED Lighting Committee
- Sister City Committee