YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL
2018-2019 Pilot Project
From Left to Right: Karyl Matsumoto (Mayor Pro Tempore), Monique Ray (Co-founder), Maya Patel (Co-founder), Heather Enders (City Staff Liaison)
The South San Francisco Youth Advisory Council seeks to address issues affecting youth through collaboration with the City Council and SSFUSD School Board.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
This is an opportunity for students and youth to engage in local government while learning about how decisions made affect daily life and how Boards and Commissions are involved in the process. You'll have the chance to express a youth voice on pressing issues in South San Francisco.
Requirements to be a member of the Youth Advisory Council:
• Be between the ages 14-21 and must be at least in 9th grade
• Maintain a minimum weighted G.P.A. of a 2.0
• Be a resident of South San Francisco
• Attend a minimum of 75% of regularly scheduled meetings
• Attend a minimum of 2 City Council meetings and 2 SSFUSD School Board Meetings per term limit
• Commit to a one year term from September 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019