South San Francisco is a great place to live and work. The South San Fire Department is an excellent example of what it means to work for the heart of the community. In this agency, men and women work together on the front lines to keep our neighborhoods safer and enjoyable to live in. We are energized by our partnership with the community we serve, we are a department driven by values. Our values are to serve with passion, respect, quality, and integrity, we are honored to serve the residents and businesses of South San Francisco.
The South San Francisco Fire Department requires the following certifications (or equivalent) to apply:
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old at interview and accredited by San Mateo County EMS by appointment. National Registry Paramedic Certificate or California Paramedic License
- Driver’s license
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric Education for the Pre-hospital Provider (PEPP)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR Health Care Provider (AHA and AED)
- Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS)
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- Be active on the Firefighter Candidate Testing Center (FCTC) Statewide Eligibility List. Visit www.FCTConline.org to learn how to be placed on the Statewide Eligibility List. Statewide Eligibility List requirements include:
- Current CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) card earned within the last 12 months
Passing score on Firefighter Candidate Testing Center Written Test within the last 12 months
Visit CalOpps.org if you or someone you know is interested in becoming a member of the South San Francisco Fire Department.