South San Francisco Public Library is actively committed to providing the best possible combination of library materials and services to meet the informational, educational and recreational needs of our multicultural community, in a professional manner, with a human touch.
- Primary - Popular Materials Library and Complement to the Formal Education Process, for Children and Adults.
- Secondary - Pre-Schoolers' Door to Learning and Complement to Independent Learning Process, for Children and Adults.
The South San Francisco Public Library Strategic Plan was adopted by the South San Francisco City Council on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 and accepted by the Library Board of Trustees on February 23, 2016.
The South San Francisco Public Library is managed by the Board of Trustees consisting of five members who are electors, appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council. The Library Board works in conjunction with the Library Director to:
- Develop a plan of service
- Evaluate and advice council and staff on the need for services and programs
- Adopt policies as necessary for the administration of the library
For more information on the Library Board or to view agendas, minutes, or monthly reports, visit the Library Board page.
Library Board Policies
- Blog Content Policy
- Bulletin Board and Free Literature Policy
- Community Learning Center Room Use Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- ID Required to Obtain Library Card
- Internet and Computer Use Policy
- Main Library Auditorium Policy
- Materials Selection, Deselection and Access Policy
- Master Fee Schedule (Library section only)
- Out of County Inter-Library Loan Policy
- Library Use Policy
- Suspension of Library Privileges
- Unattended Children Policy
Peninsula Library System
South San Francisco Public Library is a member of the Peninsula Library System (PLS), a consortium of the 34 public and community college libraries in San Mateo County working together to provide innovative and cost-effective service to their users. Founded in 1971, the system is funded primarily by member libraries. PLS also receives support from the state California Library Services Act funds, federal Library Services and Technology Act and local contracts for special services.
Thanks to PLS leadership and the cooperation of its members, residents of San Mateo County can borrow and return books at any local library. They can search a shared online catalog of member library holdings. Your South San Francisco Public Library card provides access to all of books, DVDS, CDs and more held by the public and community college libraries throughout San Mateo County!
"The Peninsula Library System strengthens local libraries through cooperation, enabling them to provide better service to their diverse communities."