Main Library Storytimes
840 West Orange Avenue
(650) 829-3860 se habla español
- Family Storytime - (all ages) Mondays 6:00 pm
- Toddler Storytime - (18 months to 3 years) Tuesdays 10:15 am & 11:15 am
- Bouncing Babies Storytime - (birth to 18 months) Wednesdays 10:15 am & 11:15 am
- Tagalog Storytime - (all ages) Second Sunday of every month at 3:00 pm
Grand Avenue Library Storytimes
306 Walnut Avenue
(650) 877-8530 se habla español
- Toddler Storytime - (18 months to 3 years) Mondays 10:30 am
- Portuguese Storytime - (all ages) Tuesdays 10:30 am. Histórias, cantigas e parlendas em português para crianças de todas as idades e pais ou responsáveis. Socialização logo em seguida.
- Family STEAM Storytime - (all ages) Thursdays 10:30 am
- Baby Bounce Storytime - (birth to 18 months) Fridays 10:30 am
- Leer y Aprender: Cuentos! Spanish storytime - (3 years to 5 years) Saturdays at 10:30 am
- NEW! Adult Short Storytime - Second Thursday of every month at 12:00 pm
e-Books for Kids
- TumbleBooks - Animated, talking children's picture books, puzzles, and other fun and educational activities. Tumblebooks is funded by the Friends of the Library.
Have you tried out video streaming with Kanopy yet? We're happy to announce the launch of Kanopy Kids which features hundreds of videos available for free with your SSF library card! Kanopy has partnered with Common Sense Media to offer developmentally appropriate age ratings that help you decide what to watch, plus you can now set up parental controls. Visit https://ssf.kanopy.com/kids to start streaming or drop by the library for more information.
Early Literacy Activity for Kids
ABCmouse.com -This online curriculum is for children ages 2-7+. It includes reading and language arts, math, beginning science, social studies, art and music. The interactive activities include- books, educational games, puzzles, art activities, songs, music videos and more. This link is only available in-library use on our computers.
ABCmouse Bring Learning Home - This is the ABCmouse home checkout! Use this link to sign up for a four week checkout to use on your personal device or computer. It is easy to use, but may be different from the version you use at the library. Follow the steps on the link for check out and if you have any questions, please feel free to call (650) 829-3860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wearables for Child Development
The research is clear: children learn language based on how much their parents talk to them. Help reach your goals with The Starling! This device that tracks, assesses, and provides feedback on three core areas of child development: engagement, reading, and motion. Clip the Starling to your child and get real-time insights into their whole day. See metrics on verbal engagement, motion, noise, and even sunlight exposure. Please ask library staff for more details or take home the Starling today!