The center provides assistance by trained volunteers who can connect veterans and their families to benefits and resources. Meet one-on-one with trained volunteers who will connect you to organizations, agencies, and library materials that will assist you with:
Transitioning from military to civilian life
Managing post-traumatic stress disorders.
For more information, veterans and their families may call 650-829-3860, email, or visit the Veteran's Resource Center.
Locations and Hours
840 W. Orange Ave., South San Francisco, CA 94080
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 10am to 12pm
- Thursdays, 12pm to 2pm
- If you would like to make an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get career and academic assistance for veterans and their families with VetNow.
- Available to use in the library or from home with your library card.
- You must have a valid South San Francisco "29048" library card.
- Visit http://main.southsanfranvet.ca.brainfuse.com
Computers, laptops, tablets and Wi-Fi access are available at all South San Francisco Public Library locations.
We have additional materials on site including the California Veterans Resource Book.
- Do you have your San Mateo County Veteran ID Card? Contact the San Mateo County Veterans Service Office
- San Mateo County Veterans Service Office (CVSO)
- Contact the office at (650) 802-6598
- Peninsula VetCenter provides a broad range of counseling, outreach, and referral services for eligible veterans in order to make a post war readjustment to civilian life.
- 345 Middlefield Rd., Bldg. 1, Menlo Park, CA
- (650) 617-4300
- Ready to apply for college as a veteran? Skyline College offers a Veterans Resource Center to help get the educational benefits you are entitled to.
Bay Area Resources
- National Alliance on Mental Illness-NAMI San Francisco is the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for millions of American's affected by mental illness. They offer education programs and support groups based on your needs.
- Swords to Plowshares is a community-based not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides needs assessment and case management, employment and training, housing, and legal assistance to approximately 3,000 veterans in the San Francisco Bay Area each year.
- Cal Vet provides veterans easy access to all of the state and federal benefits they are entitled to receive and how to get them.
- The California Employment Development Department (EDD) assists veterans and their eligible spouses to maximize their employment and training opportunities. Veterans are entitled to many resources designed to help in their search for employment.
Whether you are just getting out of the service or you've been a civilian for years now, the VA Welcome Kit can help guide you to the benefits and services you've earned.
About Veterans Connect @ The Library
California public libraries, in partnership with California Department of Veterans Affairs, are working to connect veterans and their families to benefits and services for which they are eligible. Libraries, in collaboration with community veteran service organizations, can positively impact the quality of life for veterans.
Veterans Connect @ The Library and the Veterans Resource Centers are a partnership between the California State Library, local libraries, and the California Department of Veteran Affairs. They are made possible in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technologies Act.