In anticipation of the poor air quality expected to continue through the weekend, most recreation activities and programs will be cancelled from Friday, November 16 through Sunday, November 18. Please see the list below for cancelled activities and programs:
- Aquatics – all programs at Orange Memorial Pool
- Licensed Before and After School Programs – Buri Buri, Monte Verde, Ponderosa, and Spruce Elementary Schools
- Preschools – Little Steps, Siebecker, and Westborough
- REAL Program at Los Cerritos and Martin Elementary Schools
- Recreation Classes
- Sports activities at Terrabay Gymnasium and all outdoor programs
- Thanksgiving Fun Run on Sunday, November 18
- Magnolia Center Yoga Class
A credit will be issued to registered participants in the Thanksgiving Fun Run, sports programs, and aquatic and recreation classes. This credit can be applied to future recreation activities. Keep an eye out for the new Winter Activity Guide, which will be delivered to South San Francisco households next week, and will also be available online at www.ssf.net/rec-catalog.
If you have any questions, please call (650) 829-3800.
The Recreation Division consists of seven program areas, including Aquatics, Classes, Cultural Arts, Childcare, Senior Services, Sports and Rentals. Other programs managed by the Recreation Division include departmental Special Events and Administration.
Recreation staff are also tasked with operating recreation centers, picnic sites and rental facilities, preschools and select SSFUSD after school sites that serve residents of all age groups.
New online registration system available. Set up your account!
Read the Step by Step Guide to Creating Your CivicRec Account for instructions on how to get started.
Need help, or prefer to register in person?
We are happy to assist you! Call 650-829-3800 or visit the Parks and Recreation Department at 33 Arroyo Drive.