Purpose & ResponsibilitiesThe South San Francisco Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) is comprised of 7 members appointed by City Council. The BPAC, together with City staff, provides the following services to the residents of the City of South San Francisco:
- Identifies capital improvement projects that address bicycle and pedestrian access or safety issues.
- Receives input from residents, businesses, Council and other Committees/Commissions regarding bicycle and pedestrian activities.
- Maintains a BPAC web page to disseminate bicycling and pedestrian information to the community.
- Conducts educational awareness campaigns to improve the safety of bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Reviews and recommends grant applications.
When: First Wednesday of every Month
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Second Floor Conference Room, 400 Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080BPAC Meetings are open to the public. Please contact the Economic & Community Development Department at 650-829-6620 to confirm the meeting schedule.
Members are appointed by City Council with no term expiration.
- Dan Sherman, Chair
- Natalie Gore, Vice-Chair
- Cassandra Woo, Committee Member
- Olma O'Neill, Committee Member
- Frank McAuley, Committee Member
- Amir Thagavis, Committee Member
Contacting the BPAC
To contact any of the BPAC Members or support staff, please email BPAC@ssf.net. Your email will be directed to the BPAC and addressed at the next regularly scheduled meeting, or responded to quickly by staff if necessary.
Resources for Pedestrians & Bicyclists
- Bicycle and Walking Trails in South San Francisco and the surrounding area.
- Walking Tours of historic markers throughout South San Francisco.
- San Mateo County Interactive Bike Map allows you to find and update routes.
- Bike Safety Information from the South San Francisco Police Department.
Nell Selander, Secretary to the BPAC
Deputy Director, Economic & Community Development Department
Ines Mendez, Clerk to the BPAC
Office Specialist, Economic Development & Housing Division
Applying to BPAC
If you wish to apply to be on the BPAC, complete the Application for Boards and Commissions and submit by the following methods:
- Email one copy of the completed application to email@example.com
- Fax to (650) 829-6641
- Mail to: City Clerk, P.O. Box 711, South San Francisco, CA 94083
- In person: The application can be dropped off at the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 400 Grand Ave., South San Francisco, CA 94080
*Please note, postmarks do not count. The application must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the date of the deadline.