Purpose & ResponsibilitiesThe South San Francisco Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) is comprised of 7 members appointed by City Council. The BPAC, together with City staff, provides the following services to the residents of the City of South San Francisco:
- Identifies capital improvement projects that address bicycle and pedestrian access or safety issues.
- Receives input from residents, businesses, Council and other Committees/Commissions regarding bicycle and pedestrian activities.
- Maintains a BPAC web page to disseminate bicycling and pedestrian information to the community.
- Conducts educational awareness campaigns to improve the safety of bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Reviews and recommends grant applications.
When: First Wednesday of every Month
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Second Floor Conference Room, 400 Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080BPAC Meetings are open to the public. Please contact the Economic & Community Development Division ahead of time to confirm the meeting schedule.
Members are appointed by City Council with no term expiration.
- Dan Sherman, Chair
- Ari Gerrits, Vice-Chair
- Cassandra Woo, Committee Member
- Natalie Gore, Committee Member
- Olma O'Neill, Committee Member
- Frank McAuley, Committee Member
- Amir Thagavis, Committee Member
Contacting the BPAC
To contact any of the BPAC Members or support staff, please email email@example.com. Your email will be directed to the BPAC and addressed at the next regularly scheduled meeting, or responded to quickly by staff if necessary.
Nell Selander, Secretary to the BPAC
Deputy Director, Economic & Community Development Department
Ines Mendez, Clerk to the BPAC
Office Specialist, Economic Development & Housing Division
Applying to BPAC
If you wish to apply to be on the BPAC, complete the Application for Boards and Commissions and submit by the following methods:
- Email one copy of the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to (650) 829-6641
- Mail to: City Clerk, P.O. Box 711, South San Francisco, CA 94083
- In person: The application can be dropped off at the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 400 Grand Ave., South San Francisco, CA 94080
*Please note, postmarks do not count. The application must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the date of the deadline.