Purpose & ResponsibilitiesThe South San Francisco Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) is comprised of 7 members appointed by City Council. The BPAC, together with City staff, provides the following services to the residents of the City of South San Francisco:
- Identifies capital improvement projects that address bicycle and pedestrian access or safety issues.
- Receives input from residents, businesses, Council and other Committees/Commissions regarding bicycle and pedestrian activities.
- Establishes/Maintains a bicycle database, which includes annual bicycle user counts, analysis of collision rates and locations and review of facility conditions.
- Maintains a BPAC web page to disseminate bicycling and pedestrian information to the community.
- Conducts educational awareness campaigns to improve the safety of bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Reviews and recommends grant applications.
When: First Wednesday of every Month
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: City Hall Annex Conference Room, 315 Maple Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080The BPAC Meetings are open to the public. Please contact the Engineering Division ahead of time to confirm the meeting schedule.
Members are appointed by City Council with no term expiration.
- Cassandra Woo, Chairperson
- Ari Gerrits, Vice-Chairperson
- Jill Eyres, Committee Member
- Natalie Gore, Committee Member
- Olma O'Neill, Committee Member
If you wish to apply, complete the Application for Boards and Commissions and submit by the following methods:
- Email one copy of the completed application to email@example.com
- Fax to (650) 829-6641
- Mail to: City Clerk, P.O. Box 711, South San Francisco, CA 94083
- In person: The application can be dropped off at the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 400 Grand Ave., South San Francisco, CA 94080
*Please note, postmarks do not count. The application must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the date of the deadline.
Sailesh Mehra, Secretary to the BPAC/Planning Manager - Planning Division
Michelle Trayer, Clerk to the BPAC/Administrative Assistant - Engineering Division