Parks & Recreation Commission
- 7:00 pm
- Fourth Thursday of each month
- Municipal Services Building Community Room
33 Arroyo Dr.
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
Members are appointed to four-year terms by the City Council. Find out how to apply to the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mark Nagales, Chair
- Richard Holt,Chair Pro Tem
- Betty Battaglia
- Sean Garrone
- William Lock
- Cynthia Velez
- Douglas Reynolds
- Provide staff with direction in the areas of recreation programming, policies, and fees
- Convey citizen concerns
- Advocate for the parks and recreational needs of the community
- Oversee programs, which include child care, aquatics, classes, special events, sports, picnic and facility rentals, and senior services
- Oversee facilities, which include Orange Memorial Pool and Recreation Building, Magnolia Center, Terrabay Gymnasium, Siebecker Center, Westborough Recreation Building, Joseph A. Fernekes Recreation Building, and the Municipal Services Building
- Participate in planning for new recreation facilities, playgrounds, and parks
- Serve as the appeal body for the City's Tree Ordinance
The Commission is staffed by the Parks and Recreation Department.