The City of South San Francisco's mission is to provide a safe, attractive and well-maintained City through excellent customer service and superior programs and to have a work ethic that will enhance the Community's quality of life.
To that end, we will strive to nurture a partnership with the Community by recruiting a diverse and highly skilled workforce, be an active partner in quality education and attract and retain a prosperous business community, all of which will foster community pride and understanding.
Our Core Values
The City and Employees of South San Francisco value our role in providing service to one another and the community. As an organization we are committed to:
- Strengthening each other and the organization through dedication and teamwork
- Recognizing and Respecting diversity and encouraging opinions of the community and workforce
- Committing to Excellence and Service
- Encouraging creativity and supporting problem solving
- Accepting responsibility and accountability
- Demonstrating integrity and honesty in all aspects of service
- Promoting and maintaining open and constructive communication
- Encouraging skill development and professional growth