District InformationThe City’s Parking Place Commission manages public parking in Downtown South San Francisco. The Commission meets on the second Tuesday of every month. Questions and concerns about parking in the Downtown area may be directed to the Public Works Department at 650-877-8550 or via email at email@example.com.
VisitorsOur downtown offers on street meter parking, metered and daily permit parking in public lots and a 244 space parking garage. See below to find the convenient short term and long-term parking options.
Purchase a Parking Permit Online
Purchase monthly parking permits by visiting: http://bit.ly/SSFPermits. To pay by cash or check, please visit our Finance Department (400 Grand Avenue) after completing your online application.
Permits purchased by the 25th of the prior month will be mailed to you. All auto renew purchases will be mailed as well. Any purchase made after the 25th of the prior month must be picked up from the Finance Department (400 Grand Avenue).
*Parking Update: Parking lot #6 is permanently closed.
Types of Permits
In addition to standard parking meters, three types of parking permits are available: Daily, Monthly & Annual
- Purchase at ticket box at the entrance of Lot 2 or 7.
- $3.00 per day
- Not valid in metered stalls
- Hourly parking available for $0.50 per hour
- Monthly permits are available online by visiting: http://bit.ly/SSFPermits. Kiosks are available at the Finance Department 400 Grand Avenue.
Monthly & Annual Permits:
- Monthly parking permits are available online by visiting: http://bit.ly/SSFPermits. Kiosks are available at Finance Department 400 Grand Avenue.
- $40.00 monthly permit ($30.00 in Miller Avenue Garage only.)
- $480.00 yearly permit ($360.00 in Miller Avenue Garage only)
- If lost, new permit must be purchased
- Hang on rear view mirror facing forward
- Remove from rear view mirror before operating vehicle
- Garage Permits only valid in space 38-244
Where Permits are Valid
Parking with a City-issued parking permit is allowed at parking lots number 2, 5, 7, 12, 13, 14 and in the Miller Parking Garage (spaces 38-244). City permits are not valid in metered spaces. Any vehicle parked in an expired metered space (permit or not) shall be cited.