Movie Night in the Park
Featuring The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
- Date: 08/09/2019 6:30 PM
- Location: Joseph Fernekes Recreation Building
781 Tennis Drive
South San Francisco, California 94080
- Introduction: Pre-movie entertainment will begin at 6:30 p.m. The movie will begin at sundown.
Return to full list >>
Come join us for a FREE screening of The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part! Bring your low-lying lawn chairs, blankets and sleeping bag. Refreshments and beverages will be sold courtesy of Friends of Parks and Recreation. Movie will begin at sundown. Representatives from Play-Well TEKnologies will be present to help participants build LEGO-inspired super-structures on August 9 at 6:30pm! Kids and adults will have the opportunity to boost their creativity and build elaborate cars, buildings or personal inventions that will blow away your standard LEGO toys!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is there any food for sale? Yes there will be snacks to purchase by The South San Francisco Friends of Parks and Recreation which is a non-profit volunteer citizen's group organized to support parks, programs, and facilities.
- What about food trucks? No, we will not be providing access to any food trucks.
- Could films be screened in September and October due to better weather? During the months of September and October, staff are busy planning for other community events, namely the Concert in the Park (September 28), and Halloween Extravaganza. Each of these events is an enormous undertaking, and requires a tremendous amount of time and Department bandwidth. The movie showings have also coincided with the summer break from school.
- Do people bring blankets and sit on the grass? Yes. People who attend our movie nights at the park are welcomed to bring blankets or lawn chairs to watch the movie. We ask that individuals do not bring pets, pop-up tents, or alcohol. Smoking is never permitted in any of our city parks.
- What’s a good time to arrive and get a good spot? Movies begin around 8:30 pm, but we expect a large gathering of 400 or more individuals each night, depending on the popularity of each movie featured. We recommend visitors arrive 60-90 minutes early for the best seats. Food & refreshment service begins at 6:30pm. Come early, find a comfortable place on the grass, & grab a snack and hot drink at the snack bar!
- Maybe create some sort of path to the refreshment stand due to the darkness and tripping hazards? We recommend that attendees use the designated pathways to the Fernekes Building, rather than cutting through the landscape to the patios for safety reasons. The patios are used for staging the screen, projection equipment, and speakers.