Speaking at City Council Meetings

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Public Comments at Council Meetings

Members of the Public may speak at City Council Meetings. Individuals wishing to address the City Council should complete a speaker card located at the entrance to the Council Chambers and submit it to the City Clerk. California law prevents the City Council from taking action on any item not on the Agenda (except in emergency circumstances). Your question or problem may be referred to staff for investigation and/or action where appropriate or the matter may be placed on a future Agenda for more comprehensive action or a report. If you have any questions about speaking at Council Meetings, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (650) 877-8518.