Notary Public Services
The City Clerk’s Office provides notary services to the public. The City Clerk’s Office offers:
• Fast and efficient service – appointments are encouraged but not required.
• Business and personal documents notarized.
• Notary public services available from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The fee for most notarial acts is $15.00 per signature and is payable by cash or credit card. No fee is charged to notarize signatures on absentee ballot identification envelopes or other voting material.
Common notarial acts include:
• Acknowledgment on a document such as: Quitclaim Deed, Homestead Declaration, Affidavit, Grant Deed, and Release of Mechanic's Lien. Acknowledgments include the Notary's seal and a written certificate.
• Jurat includes administering an oath or affirmation to one person and providing the Jurat with the Notary's seal.
A Notary Public is required to certify the identification of the signer of the document. (Civil Code sections 1185, 1189 and Government Code section 8202). Identity is established if the notary public is presented with satisfactory evidence of the signer’s identity. (Civil Code section 1185).