Passport Photo Requirements
Please note photo services are not available at our facility.
Photos taken at other facilities must meet the U.S. Department of State's criteria.
A recent color photograph is required with each U.S. Passport application. Passport photos must be:
- Clear, with a full frontal view of the applicant’s face
- Printed on quality photo paper with a plain light (white or off-white) background
- Taken in normal street attire, without a hat, head covering, or dark glasses. Any head covering must not be worn unless a signed statement is submitted by the applicant verifying the item is used daily for religious purposes or a doctor’s statement is submitted verifying the item is used daily for medical purposes.
- Uniforms, clothing that looks like a uniform, and camouflage attire should not be worn in photos except in the case of religious attire that is worn daily.
- Taken within the last six months.
- 2 inches by 2 inches in size.
The image size measured from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head (including hair) should not be less than 1 inch and not more than 1 3/8 inches.