Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Frequently Asked Questions

I am interested in attending a regular City Council meeting. When and where are they held?

The South San Francisco City Council meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month, 7 p.m., at the Municipal Services Building, Council Chambers, 33 Arroyo Drive, in South San Francisco. Free public parking is available in the underground parking structure at the corner of El Camino Real and Arroyo Drive. To enter the parking structure, turn right into the driveway off of El Camino Real (before the O'Reilly Auto Parts sign). After parking your vehicle, please take the stairs or elevator to the 1st Floor, where the Council Chambers is to the left.

I missed a regular City Council meeting. Where can I view past regular City Council meetings?

Past City Council meetings are archived and available online by visiting the City Clerk's webpage at

Digital copies of regular City Council meetings are available from the City Clerk's Office by completing a Public Records Act Request. The City Clerk's Office is located at City Hall, 400 Grand Ave., First Floor, South San Francisco. There is a $10 charge per copy.

What is the Airport Noise Insulation Program (ANIP), and how can I find out if I qualify?

For information about the Airport Noise Insulation Program, please click here.

Does the City have a mobile app to report issues such as graffiti or broken parking meters?

Yes! The City of South San Francisco launched a new online mobile app called Engage SSF, where you can report from the convenience of your smartphone, tablet, or computer non-emergency issues. All you need to do is to sign up! Once you submit a non-emergency issue, the City assigns it a number and tracks it, providing you with updates until it is resolved. Please note that non-emergency issues are addressed Mondays through Fridays; those received after hours, weekends, and/or on a holiday, are addressed the next business day.

How can I contact the Mayor and the City Council?

To contact the Mayor and the City Council, please email or call 650.877.8504.

Where can I get a parking permit?

For information on obtaining parking permits please visit the City's Parking and Permits webpage or call the Finance Department at 650.877.8505.

How can I get a business license?

Businesses that want to be located in South San Francisco and those that provide services in South San Francisco must have a City business license.

For business license information, please click here or call the Business License Office, which is part of the Finance Department, at 650.877.8505. You may also want to visit the Economic and Community Development Permit Center or call 650.877.8535 to see if you may need any other applicable permits.

Does the City of South San Francisco issue marriage licenses or perform wedding ceremonies ?

No, the City of South San Francisco does not provide marriage licenses or perform marriage ceremonies. Marriage licenses must be obtained in person at the San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder's Office, Clerk-Recorder's Division, at 555 County Center, First Floor, in Redwood CityEconomic and Community Development's Permit Center. For more information, please click here or call 650.363.4500.

Can I get or renew a passport at City Hall?

No, instead please visit U.S. Passport Help Guide for more information on passports.

How can I obtain a South San Francisco Film Permit?

Want to film in South San Francisco? Please visit the Film Permits webpage, open the Film Permit Package, and follow the instructions. For questions, please contact the City Manager's Office at 650.877.8502.