Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the City Clerk’s Office is temporarily suspending passport and notary services effective Monday, March 16, 2020. The City of South San Francisco takes the health and safety of residents, visitors and employees very seriously. Per the direction of the San Mateo County Health Department and Mayor Garbarino, we have made the difficult decision to postpone all “non-essential” citywide events, classes, gatherings, including Passport and Notary services.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State – Passport Acceptance Facility Search Page to find the nearest location to apply for a passport. Should you require an emergency passport appointment, please contact the U.S. Department of State at 1-877-487-2778.
Thank you for your understanding.
City of South San Francisco City Clerk's Office
United States Passport Acceptance Facility
The City Clerk's office will offer the following passport services by appointment only:
- First-time passports
- Passport renewals for passports issued before the applicant was 16 years of age
- Renewals for expired passports issued more than 15 years ago
- Replacements for lost, stolen, or damaged passports
Please note: only the U.S. Department of State can determine eligibility for, and issue, a U.S. passport.
The City Clerk's office is responsible for the following:
- Reviewing your passport application for completeness,
- Establishing proof of identify of the applicant,
- Verifying citizenship information,
- Administering an oath,
- Witnessing applicant's signature,
- Collecting fees,
- And packaging accepted applications and transmitting them to the U.S. Department of State.
To quickly process your passport application, when you arrive for your appointment, be prepared with the following. Please note, if you are renewing your passport, you may be eligible to apply by mail.