The Police Department recommends using good "Neighborhood Watch" strategies:
- Make your rear yard as inaccessible as possible to strangers
- Familiarize yourself with people and vehicles that belong in your neighborhood, and when school should be in session.
- Report all suspicious/loitering persons and suspicious vehicles to the 9-1-1 emergency number.
- Communicate with your trusted neighbors about the hours your family works, trips you're taking and who should be at home. When an extended trip is taken, gather each others mail and newspapers
- Upgrade your window and door locks, use security lighting
- Consider a reliable home alarm system
How to Start a Neighborhood Watch