From March 16 to May 3, the City of South San Francisco will be under modified operations. 315 Maple Avenue is only open to City employees during this time. For any questions, please call (650) 829-6652.
Please refer to the San Mateo County Shelter-In-Place Order (click here for official order).
Encroachment Permits for infrastructure, roadways, utilities, or affordable housing construction will still be issued. Applications or questions can be submitted to EngDevelopment@ssf.net.
Public Works Inspections will still be performed. Please schedule a minimum of 24 hours in advance by calling (650) 829-6656.
The Engineering Division supports all customers by providing technical, timely, and cost-effective solutions that promote environmentally sustainable infrastructure.
- Delivering facilities and infrastructures that meet the needs of City residents
- Complying with standards and requirements established in the engineering guidelines and the City's Master Plan
- Manage, plan, design, and construct public facilities and infrastructure; the key operational services utilized to carry out this core service include:
- Streets and road systems
- Traffic and transportation systems
- Storm sewer and sanitary sewer systems
- Public Buildings
- Parks and Recreation facilities
- Regulate/facilitate private development; the key services utilized to carry out this core service include:
- Encroachment Permits
- Hauling Permits
- Grading Permits
- Geological Hazard Review
- Tentative Maps
- Parcel / Final Maps
- Utility permits
- Transportation permits
Engineering Permits can be submitted via email to EngDevelopment@ssf.net. Include the project address or location in the email subject. Please submit either a filled out PDF or a scan of the signed application along with any related files. Submissions greater than 10MB must be submitted via a download link or a mailed USB drive.
- City's Dig Once Policy
- Encroachment Permit Application & Conditions
- Encroachment Permit Bond Form
- Grading Permit Application Form
- Grading Permit Surety Bond
- Hauling Permit Application
- Sewer Lateral Compliance Certificate Application
- Transportation Permit Application
Inspections should be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Please call (650)-829-6656 to schedule inspections.
Mapping Applications can be submitted via email to EngDevelopment@ssf.net. Include the project address or location in the email subject. Please submit either a filled out PDF or a scan of the signed application along with any related files. Submissions greater than 10MB must be submitted via a download link or a mailed USB drive.
- Lot Line Adjustment Application
- Lot Line Adjustment Certificate of Compliance Template
- Lot Merger Application Form
- Lot Merger Notice Template
RFP's and Bids
A bid set consisting of full-size plans, specifications and proposal forms must be purchased by each bidder.
Copies of the Bidding Documents may be obtained from BarkerBlue, Inc., 363 N. Amphlett Blvd, San Mateo, Ca 94401, Phone: (650) 696-2100 Ext #2 or via e-mail to email@example.com. Charges for all documents obtained will be made on the following basis: Checks to be made out payable to BarkerBlue, Inc. Charges are not refundable.
ONLY BIDS SUBMITTED ON OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. NO BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON UNOFFICIAL DOCUMENTS.
- Agreement for Public Improvement Projects (Consultants)
- Agreement for Public Improvement Projects (Contractors)
- Projects Closed for Bid
- Informal Bidding 2019 Application
- Bicycle Master Plan
- City of South San Francisco, FINAL Infiltration and Inflow Study, October 1999
- Development Review
- Flood Protection Study
- Gateway Master Plan 2013
- Green Infrastructure Plan
- San Mateo County Construction Best Management Practices Sheet
- SSF Standard Consulting Services Agreement
- Standard Development Conditions (2009)
- Standards for Public Improvements (2014) [UPDATED January 2020]
- Storm Drain Master Plan (2016)
- Storm Drain Master Plan Appendices (2016)
- Traffic Advisory Committee (TAC) Request Form
- US101/Produce Avenue Final PDS-PDR - (Large file)
- WQCP Facility Plan Update (2011)