http://www.cidsanmateo.org/The City does not maintain a waitlist for affordable housing. If you are looking for affordable housing, please consult the resources below or visit the New Housing Construction page for contact information for housing units that are planned or under construction in South San Francisco.
- Home sharing connects people with an extra room (or two) with people looking for housing. To find out more about HIP Housing’s Home Sharing Program call 650-348-6660 or visit HIP's website.
- Rental housing search portals are great ways to start your housing search. Below are a few to get you started:
- Affordable housing developers build affordable housing targeted to a range of incomes. Visit the websites below to determine if there are units currently available.
- Single room occupancy (SRO) properties house people in single rooms and usually have shared bathrooms and kitchens. There are three SRO buildings in South San Francisco:
- Grand Hotel, (650) 348-5577
- Metro Hotel, (650) 588-7802
- Industrial Hotel, (650) 589-3897
- First time homebuyer loans are offered by HEART of San Mateo County to income-qualified households. HEART also provides homebuyer education.
- For-sale, affordable homes are built and sold by Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco to low-income households within San Mateo, San Francisco, and Marin Counties. Habitat also provides resources for homebuyer education and finances.
- Debris box vouchers are available to qualified low-income homeowners to remove debris and yard waste from their properties.
- Emergency home repair vouchers are available to qualified low- and moderate-income homeowners for emergency repairs and code violations, such as broken sewer lines, roof repairs, and broken windows.
- Minor home repair programs that serve income-qualified households in South San Francisco include:
- Many of the rental housing resources above have listings for affordable, senior housing. Please consult the resources above.
- Lesley Senior Communities provides affordable senior housing in San Mateo County. For more information, visit their website or call (650) 726-4888.
- Rotary Plaza is a new, senior, affordable housing project under construction in South San Francisco. The waitlist is now closed, but to inquire about future housing opportunities or to learn more, visit their website or call 925-924-7285.
- Senior Living Help is an organization that provides senior living assistance to the elderly. Senior Living Help assists California senior citizens, their family members and caregivers in finding appropriate senior living and care facilities. To learn more about Senior Living Help and their free services, please visit their website.