The Planning Division is responsible for the development of long range planning policies and the processing of current applications for new development and design reviews to promote compliance with the City’s Zoning Ordinance and development standards. The division is also responsible for administering the General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, Use Permits, promoting high-quality urban design and developments, and collaborating on fostering careful consideration of historic structures and resources.
To learn more about the planning process or to view applications and supplemental fees, please visit Planning Applications and Guidelines.
DESIGN REVIEW BOARD & PLANNING COMMISSION
There are two governing bodies that work with staff at the Planning Division to ensure development aligns with the City's goals for growth and development.
The Design Review Board meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month, whereas the Planning Commission meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month. The Division accepts Planning and Design Review Board (DRB) applications during counter hours, Monday - Friday. Prior to any application submittal however, a courtesy preliminary review is required by staff and may be set up by calling (650) 877-8535 or by emailing Planning@ssf.net.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
For answers to Planning's most frequently asked questions please view our FAQ list.
WHAT'S NEW ON OUR WEBPAGE?
- Active South City Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan is underway - Give us input!
- General Plan 2040 Update - Apply to join the Community Advisory Committee
- E101 Access Plan is underway - share your feedback!
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Handout
- Preliminary Review Application
- Recommended Plant & Tree List
- Cannabis Regulations & FAQ
- Small Cell Wireless Facility Application & Guidelines