The Environmental Compliance Program administers the Pretreatment Program, Pollution Prevention Program, and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Programs mandated by the State of California. The programs regulate and control concentrations of wastewater and stormwater pollutants discharged by industrial, commercial, and residential discharges.
For more information about these programs, please call (650) 829-3848.
Pretreatment Program - The pretreatment program exists to limit the impacts to the wastewater collection system by residential, commercial, and industrial users.
- Local Discharge Limits
- Grease Trap Maintenance Log Sheet
- Grease Waste Hauler List
- Groundwater Well Discharge Sites Permit Application
- Groundwater Well Discharge Permit Application Requirements
- General Dewatering Discharge Permit Application
- General Dewatering Discharge Permit Application Requirements
- Industrial Waste Discharge Permit Application
- Pretreatment Fee Schedule
- Retail Food Facility Permit Application
- Slug Discharge Guidance Manual
- Waste Hauler Discharge Permit- Example
- Waste Hauler Discharge Permit Application
Pollution Prevention Program - The Pollution Prevention Program focuses ways to reduce or eliminate waste by promoting the use of non-toxic or less-toxic substances, implementing conservation techniques, and re-using materials rather than putting them into the waste stream.
Pollution Prevention Resources
Zero Waste California - All fluorescent lamps and tubes should be recycled or disposed of as hazardous waste.
Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program Resources
- South San Francisco Storm Drain System (MS4) Map
- Car Washing Guidelines
- Construction Activity Best Management Practices
- Construction Site Stormwater Inspection Form
- How Your Business Can Prevent Stormwater Pollution
- List of Outdoor Vehicle Wash Systems
- Mobile Surface Cleaner Guidelines
- Stormwater Inspection Form
- Vehicle Service Facility Best Management Practices